Christmas Countdown!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

My favorite Christmas Memory

It's hard to single out one Christmas memory because I have so many. My mom made sure of that even when there was very little money. She raised 6 of us on her own. And when I had my own family I made sure we created our own memories.

Probably the one that stands out in my mind was the last Christmas I spent with my 3 grown sons and their tiny (at that time) families and our best friends Ron and Merriel. It was the Christmas before we moved to Arkansas. We were all gathered round the tree and distributing the gifts. My second son, Dave gave me a beautifully wrapped gift and when I opened it, it contained the most beautiful portrait of my 3 sons all decked out in their finest and framed in a very ornate gold frame. I couldn't believe it. What a wonderful thought and surprise. I just cried..........There were no dry eyes in the room except for the babies. I knew it would be our last gathering for a long time.......everyone did.......it's been 19 years and not a Christmas goes by that I don't think about that Christmas. They are forever my "babies".

Merry Christmas everyone and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Rosie -- what a wonderful Christmas memory -- and you have that lovely ornament to remind you each year! Thanks so much for joining us in the fun!

    ReplyDelete